Monday, September 29, 2008

'Til we meet again


Matt's father, Richard Alma Jensen, passed away on September 11, 2008. Even Stewart felt the void his leaving made when we went home for the funeral, looking for his Grandpa throughout the house. Matt's brothers and sisters all came together to help their mom plan a beautiful funeral and graveside service that paid tribute to a great man who should have no regrets about the way he lived or the work and service he did while he lived. He celebrated his 80th birthday on February 22, 2008 and his 50th wedding anniversary on August 25th, 2008. What a legacy as his wife, all 8 kids, their spouses and 26 grandchildren sang his favorite family home evening hymn, "Love at Home." I always felt loved by him in his home and mine and am grateful that I knew him, loved him and am married to one of his sons. Because of Dick and Joann, Matt is a kind father, hard worker and has a strong testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. We will miss you, Dad!

8 comments:

kjha said...

I'm so sorry for your loss...He was very nice to me the few times I met him at your home. Take care, and our thoughts are with you. The slideshow was wonderful!

Amy said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. The video was beautiful. Offer my condolences to Matt. I hope it is comforting to know that he isn't suffering now. That will probably be the only comfort when I lose my mom.

theloulie said...

What a beautiful slide show. It looks like he had a great life. I'm sorry you and your family are missing him. Love you guys!

n8'swife said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm glad that all of Matt's family was able to gather together.

turning about said...

We are so sorry for your lose...our thoughts and prayers are with your family. Give our condolences to Matt. He is so lucky he is in a better place now.

BethAnn Call said...

Thanks Lori. This is a beautiful tribute to Dad. We are glad you are part of our family!

BigDaddy said...

Your words and pictures are a beautiful tribute to a great man. I am truly sorry for your loss. ~Micah aka. BigDaddy

Merry said...

I am so sorry Lori. I know how you feel. I lost a wonderful father-in-law very unexpectedly last year. It is comforting to know they were good people and are in a far better place. I loved your tribute to him.