Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Our Cinco de Mayo Celebration


Do your kids ever inspire you to do things that, afterwards, you're so glad you did? Mine do, all the time, if I let them. Casper insisted all weekend that we make a pinata like they were making at school. I listened to him and, with a little guidance from the internet and from him, a quick shopping trip for balloons and newspaper, we actually pulled it off! After our family home evening lesson on Monday, we all helped glue tissue paper over the newspaper-covered form and dad figured out how to attach it to a rope (we'd forgotten to attach a hook before doing the paper mache work). Before I knew it, Casper had written out invitations to kids in the neighborhood for his 'Cinco de Mayo' party, and Whitney and I were off to the store again for a bag of candy, some chips and salsa and snow cone syrups. I made a few more calls during the day to friends and we had 16 kids and 5 moms show up for a fun after school event. I think the picture of Casper with that big smile on his face says it all. How did YOU celebrate 'Cinco de Mayo?'



That same day, Whitney had her dance class. I took a video that's about 2 mintues long. If you have the time to watch it, it'll probably make you laugh. Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

kjha said...

How fun! A good lesson to remember, eh! We had pulled pork, rice, and beans, after a very busy, normal day. Sort of celebrated!

Amy said...

Oh I so miss your parties. You are the best party planner I know. And kudos for listening to you kids!

The HousewifeTravels said...

Awesome! Wish we were still in the same 'hood.

theloulie said...

lol! too fun, too cute!

turning about said...

Way to go Lori! Whitney's dance lesson is cute too.

n8'swife said...

Hey Lori! I miss your parties too! Nate was on travel so I took the kids to Taco Bell!!