...I was born. So I thought I'd write about me. Following my cousin, Marnie's, lead, I'll write 37 things to love or hate about me.
1. I married the man I had a crush on when I was 12 years old.
2. We've been married 9 years in January and they have been the happiest, hardest, most rewarding, saddest, most joyful of my life.
3. I always thought I would get married long before I did. 'Glad it worked out that way!
4. I have Type I, insulin dependent diabetes and I wear an insulin pump.
5. I recently realized that youth is no longer on my side--I'm trying to eat better, lose weight and exercise everyday.
6. I may even go completely gluten free this year.
7. I have three children and my oldest was born just a few months shy of my 30th birthday.
8. I had my youngest the year I turned 35.
9. I always worried about having a girl, but am very glad that we have one!
10. I've had the same best friend since kindergarten and I wish we lived closer!
11. I lived in Salt Lake City, Utah for 21 years in the same house before living anywhere else.
12. Since then I have lived in three other states: Texas, California and now Arizona.
13. My favorite state to live in so far is California. You just can't beat the weather and the proximity to all the favorite vacation spots.
14. I was a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Houston, Texas in October 1995- February 1997.
15. I loved learning Spanish and wish I used it more.
16. Before I was married, I worked for the Utah State Health Department and helped design their Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System.
17. I finished my Masters of Science in Public Health the month before my wedding.
18. I'd like to go back to nursing school when the time is right.
19. I love to take pictures of family events and the silly things my kids do.
20. I have over 20,000 pictures saved on my computer since we got our first digital camera in 2004.
21. I love to scrapbook.
22. I have trouble staying on top of my scrapbooks because I have so many photos!
23. I enjoy traveling, especially when Matt comes along.
24. My favorite trip before we had kids was to Germany after Matt finished his service in Saudi Arabia.
25. My favorite trip with my kids was camping in the Grand Canyon.
26. I knew nothing about the military before I married Matt.
27. I now know enough about the military to be grateful for the men and women willing to give their time and lives away from their families to serve their country and to keep our country free.
28. I don't know enough about the military to understand all the acronyms.
29. Growing up, I suspect that I was pretty hard to live with and am very lucky to have had parents that listened to me, anyway.
30. I'm pretty hard to live with and I'm very lucky to have a husband that loves me anyway!
31. I have a testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ. I know he suffered for my sins so that I can repent, become better and live with Him again.
32. I am pretty hard on myself and often wonder, "Am I getting any better at this?"
33. I love to read a good book and am always looking for a good recommendation.
34. I appreciate a good Diet Coke.
35. While I despise wearing nylons, nothing feels better than a great fitting bra!
36. I play the organ for church and want to start taking lessons, again.
37. I love working in my kids' classrooms, even just to peak at what they are doing.
So, there you have it. I might edit them later, but it's time to get on to my other job--cleaning the wreck before playgroup tomorrow.
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I just love you Lori - you are such an inspiration to me. We need to get together and scrapbook!
Happy Birthday Lori! Sorry I missed it yesterday. It was fun to read about your 37 things! Can't wait to see more of you when I move!
Happy Birthday Lori! You will always have youth on your side...you have kids!
Love you lori!! I am so thankful that you and your family are part of my family. Wishing we lived closer. I believe many of the pictures i have of my children are because you took the pictures. Thanks for documenting their lives. Hope you birthday is wonderful!!!!!
Happy late Birthday! You are awesome and I am so glad that we were able to become friends!
I'm a few days late here, but wanted to say Happy Birthday and I miss you guys!
Happy Belated! Haven't checked your blog in a while. You are an amazing gal. I am happy to claim you as family. I think of you often and love to get the "Feliz Navidad" pillow out that you sent a couple years back. Christine and I had a fun visit with your sweet dad in St. George the week of Christmas. He's a great guy. Come see us in Texas!
Post a Comment