Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Back in School


Whitney and Casper started school again on August 10, which seems early to me, not to mention that it's still over 100 degrees! The day went much better than when Casper started kindergarten last year; it does help to have some experience and to have a helpful husband in tow.

Whitney was the most excited to start kindergarten--to have a class and teacher of her own and to be with all the new kids. The little boy sitting right next to her, Jose, just happened to be someone she knew from her little preschool last year, so that helped break the ice. When I stopped in for Casper's lunch check, the look on her face said, "Why are you here, mom?" I had been worried that she wouldn't be ready because her birthday is so late, but I feel very comfortable with it, now. When she got home at 3:40, she STILL wasn't tired!





Casper has a great teacher, Ms. Maitner. I honestly haven't heard much from Casper about his time at school. Each time I went into his classroom, it was totally quiet and all the kids were working. I need to get some tips! I'm guessing Casper will have a lot of pent up energy this year, but I couldn't be happier about the care and learning environment they are both in. I do miss both of them, especially the fun things we get to do together. However, I don't miss the 'fighting' and it's been nice for Stewart and me to get to play. The house is actually cleaner, already!

I loved the pictures from the bus stop at the end of the day--the first words out of Whitney's mouth were, "I was SO scared, mom, I didn't want to ride the bus without Casper, but he was so nice and let me sit by him, I was SO scared." Her next words were, "I can't wait to ride the bus in the morning!"


4 comments:

kjha said...

You'll think I'm crazy but I teared up reading your post. School already. Cleaner house. Riding the bus. Whitney's hair looked way cute!

theloulie said...

Wow that's early! Sounds like they are doing good though. I can't believe that we start soon too.

Amy said...

Wow August 10th is way early! I'm glad that Whitney had such a good time. What are you and Stewart planning on doing to keep busy?

turning about said...

They look so grown up! I am glad they had a great 1st day of school.