Saturday, October 31, 2009
Halloween
I'm going for a record number of entries since I started blogging 18 months ago. I swear this is because the days are going by more quickly as my kids get older. The more activities we have to write about, the more quickly the time passes!
Tonight I asked my friend, Wendy, "How do you make yourself sit and enjoy yourself without getting mad or stressed--without even taking pictures? Even then you are watching through a lens and you're not really enjoying yourself. She assured me I'd be able to do that when my kids are older. I could only think that by then they won't want me to watch them, let alone take pictures of them!
So tonight, I tried to sit and watch the kids play their games, pass out candy and interact with the other kids at the ward trunk or treat. I don't do that enough. In the kids' classrooms this year I didn't sign up to run a booth or do anything other than provide supplies and be there to watch. I actually had fun, had time to hug them both and laugh at their antics. It was a good feeling to just watch and see what they enjoy. I still had to take pictures, though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I have been watching for a long time now and have no guilt whatsoever. I take fewer pictures, but my kids remember me being there and that is what is important. Love you Lori
It's funny because I'm always mad at myself for forgetting the camera, so I'm the mom just watching, and I never realized that just watching is okay too. I do enjoy it, but then I don't have any pictures to remember it! Maybe we should just live in the same town and neighborhood and we can trade off watching and taking pictures!
I think your picture taking is awesome...and you'll remember all the good times instead of just wondering if they ever happened :) Your van was amazing...send it to a magazine or something!
I adore your beautiful family!!! Looks like you took just the right number of pictures :)
Post a Comment