I'm sad to realize that my last child is old enough to go to preschool. I'm thrilled, though, that I get to be part of his preschool years with a great group of ladies and their sweet kids. This week was my first turn and we focused on the letter D. I couldn't resist my own 'dinosaur dig' and a Mercer Meyer favorite, 'The Lost Dinosaur Bone.' Anything with paint is always a hit, even over playdoh! We covered ourselves in paint and stamped out a few dinosaurs in all colors.
How can you study the letter D and not talk about dad? The kids really had warmed up on their second day at my house, so I got to hear their sweet comments about how they loved their dads to sing and read to them and that, "My daddy wears a watch!" They each showed pictures and then we painted the word, DAD. We had a blast singing, "I'm so glad when Daddy comes home!" and it reminded me of my own mom practicing that song with us to surprise our dad when he came home from work. I'm really thankful for dads today and was just so happy that each one of my new little friends has a special dad, too and that I know them and respect them all. One is an amazing organist, one is the Cubmaster that I now work with in Cub Scouts; one dropped their daughter off today so that his wife could 'get stuff done;' they all make it a priority to spend time with their kids and be silly with them. Dads are so important and I'm so glad that my kids have one that will spend all evening practicing math, reading school books and even practicing the piano. I'm grateful for my own dad, too, who still always makes time for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment