Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Celebration of "Galactic Proportions"

From Blogger Pictures
From Blogger Pictures
From Blogger Pictures


Our oldest son, Casper, turned 6 on August 31, 2008 and we're STILL celebrating, it seems. I'm so glad that he is so smart and healthy and so brave at taking things in stride that might be hard for other people. He was such a happy, even tempered baby; so quick to smile and laugh at everyone he met. He still has such an engaging smile and is quick to give a hug. He makes me so glad to be a mom.

On Friday, Matt, Stewart and I had the chance to read "SuperDog" to Casper's kindergarten class and share pictures of him growing up. We handed out Spiderman light up, stamper, bubble pens for a treat and they were a hit. After we found out that there were 3 birthdays that day, I suggest non perishable treats everytime! We ended the visit with a QUICK lunch in the cafeteria. I love kindergartners. They still think it's cool when your mom and dad visit.

Casper wanted a Star Wars party with 3 of his friends, his cousin Jackson and Whitney and Stewart. I really didn't know what a "Star Wars" party would entail, but he seemed satisfied to be led into the direction of a swimming party on Saturday afternoon. My parents, my brother and his wife, and their son, Jackson, arrived just in time to make Star Wars masks with Dallin, Max and Brigette and then we headed out to the pool. For snacks we had watermelon and Sun Chips with juice boxes and water. The Milky Way Galaxy ice cream cake that Casper helped make and decorate was a great hit in the hot summer heat and the perfect presents of Star Wars legos, a Star Wars transformer, a Batman motorcycle, and a helicopter were so well received that Casper said, "Wow mom, I have so many nice new toys that I think Santa can take a break this year from giving me presents."

My dad took us all to the Diamondbacks game and though we were taken out of the competition in the first 4 innings by the Dodgers, we enjoyed watching the fans and eating hotdogs. Chase Field is amazing! During good weather, the top is left open for the grass. When it's hot, they close the top and run an air conditioner!! It was such a nice respite from the heat to watch live baseball indoors.

1 comment:

Amy said...

YAY! Happy Birthday Casper! If only I had a swimming pool to do a party. That would be our theme every year! And what fun that your brother came out to visit!