Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Date with the dentist


I just had to post this picture of my kids' last visit to the dentist. Not a tear, complaint or whine from the bunch, not even from Stewart. All came away with no cavities, too. I have to give the dentist and his assistant full credit for their calm manner and patience in describing each instrument and procedure. As you can see, Stewart sat without restraints during his cleaning. Kudos to Dr. Ellis, too, for challenging both Whitney and Casper to join the 'Thumbs Out' Club and stop sucking their thumbs. From that visit on, both are still thumb free during the night and all day long (only one relapse from Whitney). In combo with Ronelle's application of that 'nasty stuff' while we were at the beach, we just might be done with the thumbs. Now, what to do with Stewart's fingers? He just laughs when we put on the 'nasty stuff' and pops those babies right back in his mouth. :)

6 comments:

Amy said...

I love cavity free dentist visits! My goal is to have completely cavity free children! Nice work, Mom!

theloulie said...

Wow! Good for them!

The HousewifeTravels said...

That is gross. Stewart, that stuff is GROSS. Hooray for Whit and Cas

JJ said...

Hope you don't mind if I add my comment. I love your blog. Congrats to Whitney and Stewart. Love you all lots. JJ

turning about said...

That is awesome, especially that there was no cavities, Horray! Way to go Whitney and Casper! Good luck with Stewart!

n8'swife said...

Way to go Lori for getting all 3 kids to the dentist, in my world that's a feat!!