Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Day of Thanks

I hope this posts before Thanksgiving is over because it was a good one. Relaxing for the most part, full of good conversation, friends, and memories of the past year. I couldn't resist listing a few of the things I'm grateful for.

The week started out with the kindergarten field trip to the Wildlife World Zoo. It was a beautiful day and I spent the day with 7 cute girls and another fun mom, touring the zoo, watching the animals and eating snacks together. I love how they all take turns and hold hands.

I'm thankful that I'm able to be home and around my kids at their young ages and watch them take joy in the little things.

On Tuesday we had Casper's checkup at the CF Clinic and he had gained 4.5 pounds and 1 inch since August! His Celiac Panel came back NEGATIVE, so that means the gluten free diet is working and he is able to absorb food better! Needless to say, we were THRILLED!

I am so grateful that we are able to have the medical care we need to help Casper be as healthy as he can be. I am thankful for gluten free food that tastes good! :)

Wednesday was the school Turkey Trot and I was amazed to see my kids move faster than they ever have in their lives (except for the Turkey Trot last year!) The day ended with the best news we've heard all year: our friend, Joshua, was home from 6 long, scary weeks in the hospital. It is a true miracle that he is home with his family and recovering well. We can't wait to see them on the Polar Express in Williams, AZ on Friday!

We're thankful for our bodies and for our good health!

Today we spent the afternoon renewing our friendships with Bruce and Kathy Meyer, Matt's cousin's family and some of their friends. One family brought their five children and they hit it off with our kids. I was overjoyed to see Casper holding hands with their 3 year old to comfort her. When he told their 10 year old that he was cool, the boy responded, "Really? Most people don't think I'm cool. Thanks!" I thought he was pretty cool for being so kind to Casper.

We're thankful for new friends and old ones, too!

I spent the morning cooking gluten free stuffing, chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin pie and sweet potato casserole. Matt went to the store TWICE for me for ingredients I'd forgotten.

I'm thankful for my patient and kind husband who is always willing to drop whatever he is doing to run an errand or help me in the kitchen.

Now, we enter my most favorite time of the year and my goal is to focus on the Savior for a moment each day and how He has blessed my life with his birth and His life.

I am thankful for a living Savior and for a Heavenly Father that listens to and answers my prayers.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm thankful I got to see you last weekend and catch up! Thanks for driving so far to see me. You are the best!