The only chili I know how to make is from my friend, Carla. In her honor, I made her yummy chili for the MOMS Club Annual Chili Cookoff today and won by a 'landslide.' I was embarrassed and felt a little guilty, too. Afterall, I'm not a good cook. I just know a good recipe when I see it.
So, here are two more recipes that got rave reviews at the cookoff and have been added to my recipe repertoire. Eat up!
Carla Carlson's White Bean Chicken Chili
32 oz. box of Swanson’s Chicken broth
1 – 16 oz. jar of Sadie’s Salsa: “Not as Hot” flavor
2- 16 oz. cans of Great Northern beans
1- 16 oz. can of Navy Beans
1- 16 oz. can of White Kidney Beans
3 chicken breasts
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
sour cream
green onions
Directions:
-salt and pepper pounded chicken breasts, grill, and then shred with two forks
-Drain and rinse all beans
-Set crock pot to high and add broth, salsa, all beans, chicken, chili seasoning and cream of tartar. Stir occasionally.
-After an hour (or when ingredients start to bubble) set crock pot to low
-If chili looks watery, remove lid for a short time (20-30 minutes)
-Cook all day or even overnight
-An hour or so before serving, add cheese into crock pot and let melt
-Add sour cream and onions to taste at serving time
NOTE: original recipe called for only ONE can of Great Northern Beans, BOILED chicken breasts, PACE instead of Sadie’s salsa, Cumin instead of Chili powder, and 1 cup each of Colby and Monterey Jack cheeses instead of Colby Jack combo. It seems to be a “winner” either way!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Cooks.com
1 2/3 cups all purpose flour*
¾ cup sugar
1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup pumpkin
½ cup butter, melted
1 cup chocolate chips
In a large bowl, thoroughly mix the flour, sugar, pie spice, soda, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin and butter; whisk until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour over dry ingredients and fold in with spatula until moistened. Spoon batter into greased muffin cups. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until puffed and springy to touch. Turn out onto rack and cool. Makes 12-14 muffins.
*Gluten free flour or baking mix can be substituted with yummy results!
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds very yummy. I'm going to try these. Thanks for sharing. J.J.
Post a Comment